Friday, December 3, 2010

Boots.

So by the end of this week, I decided that I've really gotten myself into an interesting situation with this position. It's still amazing and I adore the kids and feel an awesome connection with a few already...so I'll just leave that part at that. Moving right along to a few highlights...
- I have one student who is basically a child prodigy of guitar...seriously. He is incredible. He picks things up after watching for about hmm..I donno..5 seconds! It's really awesome to see him work with the instructor, voluntarily help the other kids, or just to see him come in a screw around on the guitar after school. I'm stoked to see where he ends up after high school this year! 
- We had a cooking class start this week that was waaay fun! A group of kids and I went over to the church down the road and made a ton of food that ended up being for a community dinner they hold every Weds - so I guess that's what we'll always be cooking for! So nice to be helping out aaand working with an awesome chef (also it was like 90% local or something nuts like that...so sweet)! 
...Afterwards, I went to the church service...honestly, I don't even know what kind of church it was...but I didn't care! I heard it was mostly just music on Wednesdays, so I figured I'd like it. I was right :) The sweetest thing happened right when I walked in the door too! I was on the phone with my mom when this guy came up (he has some special need..although I'm not exactly sure what) and he asked if I was leaving and I said I was there for the service. He got SOO excited and goes "OH MY GOSH! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I'M SO EXCITED!" as he gave me a huge hug! Then he told me I could sit by him..."but I mean only if you want to..." haha it was the sweetest thing! So of course I did and he was stoked! We sat in the front row and mannn was he excited to sing! I asked if he thought they'd play his fav song and he said, "OF COURSE!" (as if it were the most obvious thing in the world) and then said, "They alwaaays do!" This kid sang soo loud and out of tune! It was nothing short of a blessing to my ears. I was happy to stand next to him and hear him give all he had! It also got me thinking about how awesome it was to be so welcomed by a complete stranger and how I wish that's how we all acted all of the time to newcomers or old friends...anyone! So inspired by such love!
- Thursday we had guitar lessons and they went really well! All of the acoustics were used up and we even had to get into the electrics bc so many kids came! Plus the instructor..what? This guy is ridiculous! Sooo good! Made for such a fun day and good end to the week of programming! I'm shinkin I should be bringing my guitar and joining in since I have no clue what he was teaching them haha...next time!
- Come to the May, Seth, and Luke concert on the 16thhhh! It's going to be way fun, is only $5, annnd has a free dinner before that's going to be made by our cooking club along with 2 chefs! Just do it!  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177352818957917

**Let's not kid ourselves..we're all here for the same reason. You want embarrassing stories about me. And here's number one in a real long time. So I was sitting on the couch (my desk chair basically) with my feet on the table, when I looked down and thought...dang. those boots look like way diff sizes...must be how my feet are sitting. So I adjust my feet in various ways before finally feeling like "oh crap!" and checking the inside. As I braced myself for the "I'm gonna feel like an idiot if these are 7 1/2 and 8," I got my courage up. So I wear a 7 1/2, which is the very size I discovered when looking in my right shoe. The left, however, ummmm...any guesses? It was a TEN! WHAT!? I have had these boots for over 2 years I think! I have no excuse that's good enough to justify such a folly, but let me try anyway. The thing is, these boots (that I love so much) have a wedge heel, so naturally my foot slides forward a bit...I just always thought I wasn't lacing the left one tight enough and that's why it was sliding...realistically I didn't know it was thaaat big of a difference! Uh...so now what? Do I still wear the boots? Oi! How embarrassiiiiing! For you! (Had to know that was coming!) 


- Well what can I say...that's all I've got. This is my life at the moment. Trying to fit into my new shoes at good ol SEEDS, only to discover that I have one big and one small shoe to fill...hmmm??

love, guitars, and cocoa

1 comment:

  1. Sarah....this is why I love you. And the answer is YES you should absolutely continue to wear the boots...they will make you smile every time :)

    ReplyDelete